MODULE-I: Concept of Land Reform; Land Reforms and India.
MODULE-II: Land Reforms in West Bengal; Operation Barga.
MODULE-III: THE WEST BENGAL LAND REFORMS ACT, 1956
- Definitions. (Section 2)
- Raiyats: Various rights; restrictions on rights (Sections 4-7)
- Pre- emption (Section- 8)
- Powers of Revenue Officer (Section 9, and powers under other provisions under the
- Diluvated Land (Section 11)
- Partition of holding among Co- sharer Raiyats (Section 14)
- Restrictions on alienation of Land by Schedule Tribes (Sections 14A- 14I)
- Ceiling on Holding (Sections 14J- 14Z)
- Bargadars (Sections 15- 21E)
- Principles of Distribution of Land (Sections 49- 49A)
MODULE-IV: THE LAND ACQUISITION ACT, 1894
- Definitions. (Section 3)
- Acquisition (Sections 4- 10)
- Reference to Court and Procedure thereon (Sections 18- 28A)
- Acquisition of land for Companies (Sections 38A- 44B)
MODULE-V: THE WEST BENGAL PREMISES TENANCY ACT, 1997
- Definitions (Section 2)
- Eviction: (Sections 6- 7)
- Fair Rent: (Sections 17- 22)
- Appointment of Controller, Additional and Deputy Controller and Registrar: (Section
- Final Hearing of certain applications: (Section 42)
- Appeal, Revision and Review: Fair Rent: (Section 43)
****Students are expected to read current case laws. Only the current
enactments and enactments as amended upto date will be taught.
- The West Bengal Land Reforms Act. : A. N. Saha,
- The West Bengal Land Reforms Act. : Susanta Sen,
- The West Bengal Land Reforms Act. : D. P. Chatterjee,
- The West Bengal Land Reforms Act. : Ashutosh Mukherjee.